The Grand Theatre’s “Chase the Ace” Lottery Rules for 2017-2018
Where Can I Buy Tickets?
Tickets may be purchased at the Grand Theatre in Indian Head (631 Grand Ave). Tickets are $5.00 each.
When Can I Buy My Lottery Tickets?
Tickets will be sold for the upcoming week’s draw during Box Office, Movie and Grand Theatre Event times. Tickets will be sold until 7:00pm on Tuesdays for that week’s draw.
When Is The Weekly Draw?
The random ticket draw takes place at 7:15 p.m. each Tuesday at the Grand Theatre in Indian Head (631 Grand Ave).
What are the Lottery & Draw Rules?
1. The winning number will be announced verbally and displayed visually. If the winner is not present, they will be phoned. The winner then has 15 minutes to arrive to receive the winnings and to cut the deck. If the winner is phoned and unable to be present, and if a Proxy has been assigned, the Proxy may cut the cards on the winner’s behalf. If the winner does not answer and a Proxy has been assigned, the Proxy will immediately cut the cards. If the winner or Proxy does not come forward immediately, a community member that has volunteered to be the Proxy that night automatically becomes the Proxy. (This person may not be a Board member of Indian Head Theatre & Community Arts Inc. and may not have a ticket in the draw.) If a Proxy is not named on the ticket, the community member that has volunteered to be the Proxy that night will cut the deck on the ticket holder’s behalf. Therefore, the player does not need to be present to win.
2. A prize of 20% of the week’s ticket sales will be awarded to the winning ticket holder, 30% will be added to the Jackpot, and 50% will go to Indian Head Theatre & Community Arts Inc. All prizes will be payable by cheque. Total Retail Prize Value, to a maximum of $1,000,000.
3. When the winning ticket is drawn, the ticket holder or their Proxy will then cut the deck/draw from the deck. If the Ace of Spades card is drawn the winner receives the amount in the Jackpot (including the 30% of the week’s ticket sales in addition to the 20%). If the Ace of Spades card is not drawn, the winning ticket holder retains the 20% and the 30% carries forward to the next draw. If the Ace of Spades is drawn on the very first event, the winner receives 50% of that week’s ticket sales or the minimum Jackpot (whichever is higher).
4. The deck will be shown to reveal the Ace is in the deck before and after each draw. The deck will be shuffled prior to each draw. Once a card is drawn from the deck, it will be destroyed. The remainder of the deck will be secured – locked up in a safe on site at the Grand Theatre in Indian Head.
5. The contest continues with the same deck of cards until the Ace of Spades is drawn. Once the “Ace of Spades” card is revealed, the game is concluded.
6. The deck that will be used will be a standard deck of cards that have been marked with the Grand Theatre Logo. The Ace of Spades card will have the word “Winner” clearly marked on its face.
7. A minimum Jackpot may be provided for the contest. The amount of the minimum Jackpot will be at the discretion of the Grand Theatre Board and announced on the Grand Theatre Facebook Page as well as on the Grand Theatre website. The minimum jackpot of this game is $5000.
8. There is no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased for a draw by a single ticket purchaser.
9. Purchaser must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
10. Members of Indian Head Theatre & Community Arts Inc. and their immediate family will be permitted to purchase tickets. However, anyone involved directly in the draw that week (i.e. ticket sellers, ticket folders, volunteer proxy, etc.), may not have tickets in their name that week.
11. The person named on the ticket must be a Saskatchewan resident or have purchased the ticket in person while in Saskatchewan.
For more information contact: Lisa Horsman or call: 306-660-7006