Indian Head Theatre & Community Arts Inc. “Chase the Ace” Lottery Rules for 2018-2019
- Tickets will be sold for the upcoming week’s draw during Box Office, Movie and Grand Theatre Event times. Tickets will be sold until 7:00 pm on Tuesdays for that week’s draw.
- Tickets may be purchased at the Grand Theatre in Indian Head (631 Grand Ave). Tickets are $5.00 each. If the ticket purchaser wishes to name a Proxy, it must be done at the time of purchase.
- Ticket sales will commence on September 14, 2018. The random ticket draws will take place at 7:15 pm on Tuesdays at the Grand Theatre in Indian Head (631 Grand Ave.) commencing September 18, 2018, and concluding September 10, 2019. There will be no draw on Dec. 25, 2018.
- The winning number will be announced verbally and displayed visually. If the winner is present, they will immediately cut the deck. If the winner is not present, and if a Proxy has been named, the Proxy may cut the cards on the winner’s behalf. If the winner or Proxy does not come forward, the deck is not cut and prizes will not be awarded that week. All monies that would have been awarded carry forward to the next week’s draw. Either the ticket holder or their Proxy must be present to win. (The Proxy cannot be assisting in the conduct of the raffle in any way and cannot be a member of the charity hosting the event.)
- A prize of 20% of the week’s ticket sales will be awarded to the winning ticket holder, 30% will be added to the Jackpot, and 50% will go to Indian Head Theatre & Community Arts Inc. All prizes will be payable by cheque. Total Retail Prize Value, to a maximum of $1,000,000. (400,000 tickets are available to be sold.)
- When the winning ticket is drawn, the ticket holder or their Proxy will then cut the deck/draw from the deck. If the Ace of Spades card is drawn the winner receives the amount in the Jackpot (including the 30% of the week’s ticket sales in addition to the 20%). If the Ace of Spades card is not drawn, the winning ticket holder retains the 20% and the 30% carries forward to the next draw. If the Ace of Spades is drawn on the very first event, the winner receives 50% of that week’s ticket sales or the minimum Jackpot (whichever is higher).
- The deck will be shown to reveal the Ace is in the deck before and after each draw. The deck will be shuffled prior to each draw. Once a card is drawn from the deck, it will be removed. The remainder of the deck will be secured – locked up in a safe on-site at the Grand Theatre in Indian Head.
- The contest continues with the same deck of cards until the Ace of Spades is drawn. Once the “Ace of Spades” card is revealed, the game is concluded.
- Because there will only be 51 draws the following play out plan will be in place for the final week: This week will be the final week (week 51 of 52). Sales will proceed as usual for the week and a ticket will be drawn. That ticket holder will automatically win 20% of the week’s sales and have the opportunity to cut the deck. If successful, they will win the accumulated jackpot. If unsuccessful, they keep the 20% and a second ticket will be drawn. Their ticket will not go back into the drum. The ticket holder of the second ticket drawn will then win the accumulated jackpot. The game concludes as all 52 cards will be gone from the deck.
- The deck that will be used will be a standard deck of cards that have been marked with the Grand Theatre Logo. The Ace of Spades card will have the word “Winner” clearly marked on its face.
- A minimum Jackpot is provided for the contest. The amount of the minimum Jackpot will be at the discretion of the Grand Theatre Board and announced on the Grand Theatre Facebook Page as well as on the Grand Theatre website. The minimum jackpot of this game is $5000.
- There is no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased for a draw by a single ticket purchaser.
- Purchaser must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Members of Indian Head Theatre & Community Arts Inc. and their immediate family will be permitted to purchase tickets. However, anyone involved directly in the draw that week (i.e. ticket sellers, ticket folders, volunteer proxy, etc.), may not have tickets in their name that week.
- The person named on the ticket must be a Saskatchewan resident or have purchased the ticket in person while in Saskatchewan.
For more information contact: Lisa Horsman or call: 306-660-7006